Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Great Clutter Debate

Should it stay or should it go?

I wish I could say that I got rid of a huge amount of stuff today. Unfortunately, all I did was try to come up with a final decision regarding the kitchen table. This table is by the fridge and near the back door so it always seems to be the place that everyone puts stuff.

I was trying to decide whether to get rid of that table (as my husband had suggested to me) or if we should just keep it there and try to keep it free of clutter. His reason for moving it was its proximity to the fridge made it more difficult to open the fridge door all the way. My thought is that it seems to attract clutter more than it helps us stay organized.

The spot where the table is would look empty without something else in its place. Not that we have to have something there, but I feel that I’d be losing “counter space” if I got rid of the table.

So, I’m sure you’re wondering what I decided about the kitchen table...

Well…the answer is… I don't have a good solution. I guess for the time being the table will stay where it is. I will try to keep it free of clutter. If that doesn't work then maybe the space could be used for something else. I’m not sure what, yet.

What do you do in situations like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment