Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gearing Up For Clutter Removal

Well, it took forever!

But I now have a master list of the areas in my home that need to be decluttered. Obviously it would have been easier (and faster!) to list the areas that were tidy!

Next to each area on the list, I made a note of what things should be stored there. I also made sure to list what I was going to do with the piles of stuff leaving that area. Yeah, overkill, I know. But I don't want lose a great organizational idea!

With the priority of keeping the house looking company-ready, I marked (on my list) the areas or piles of stuff that should be tackled first.

The first project of this journey is taking down and putting away the Christmas tree and decorations. I will make sure I complete my morning routine and see that the baby is satisfied before I work on the tree.

Can you believe it? My clutter journey starts tomorrow!

I would like to know what you think: Do you have a good spot to store your Christmas decorations? Are they overflowing their containers? Is it time to let go of some decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment