Friday, January 8, 2010

Another Snow Day

Another snow day today. I love to spend time with the kids, but there is a limit to how much fun stuff (according to the kids) I can find for them to do.

While the kids played a board game together, I sorted through the paper stack on my desk. I found that the majority of the papers on my desk were ones that I hadn't filed, yet. It's such a good feeling to have even that little bit cleared off.

It doesn't take that long to file a bunch of papers into the right files. The stack of filing I had to do was done in probably two minutes. I guess I don't always have a good idea of how long it takes to do things.

We are experiencing very cold temperatures in our little corner of Iowa. I thought this was very appropriate for today. Hope you enjoy it!

COLD IS A RELATIVE THING . . . . . . . BRRRRR!!

65 above zero:
Floridians turn on the heat.
People in Iowa plant gardens.

60 above zero:
Texans shiver uncontrollably.
People in Iowa sunbathe.

50 above zero:
Italian & English cars won't start.
People in Iowa drive with the windows down.

40 above zero:
North Carolinians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.
People in Iowa throw on a flannel shirt.

35 above zero:
New York landlords finally turn up the heat.
People in Iowa have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20 above Zero:
People in Miami all die.
Iowans close the windows.

Zero:
Californians fly away to Mexico.
People in Iowa get out their winter coats.

10 below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates.
The Girl Scouts in Iowa are selling cookies door to door.

20 below zero:
Washington DC runs out of hot air.
People in Iowa let the dogs sleep indoors.

30 below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Iowans get upset because they can't start the Snow-mobile.

40 below zero:
ALL atomic motion stops.
People in Iowa start saying...'Cold enough fer ya?'

50 below zero:
Hell freezes over.
Iowa public schools will open 2 hours late.

No comments:

Post a Comment