Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Procrastination Must Be My Middle Name

Why is it some people seem to have very little trouble keeping a tidy, clutter-free home, yet others’ homes seem to be almost bursting at the seams with stuff? I’m sure the tidy home people wonder why we clutter bugs can’t seem to get it together.

It’s not that we don’t care, we do! It just seems like we’re fighting a losing battle sometimes. See, I’m a procrastinator from way back so it would mean trying to work against years of ingrained habits.

Another thing to consider is that I don’t want my family to feel like they’re being pushed aside in favor of organizing the home. My day needs to be balanced between time spent with family and handling all the household stuff, including getting rid of clutter.

My clutter project is going to last for probably the entire year because I know how excited I get at the beginning of my projects jumping in with both feet, wanting to get things done and then somewhere towards the middle I run out of energy or my interest fades or it seems like too much work. I know that is because I take on too much or somehow make the process too complicated.

Starting in January, I will be following a “do it now” principle that should help to curb my tendency to procrastinate. Hmm…I guess that’s it in a nutshell, isn’t it? If I would just do things right away then my home probably wouldn’t have the clutter trouble it does.

Have you been putting things off lately? Please post a comment about your clutter. Now is the time to conquer your clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment