Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas clutter

I can't believe how much clutter is created from a simple gift opening!

Yesterday (December 27), we had our Christmas with my side of the family. We couldn't celebrate on Christmas Day due to a huge blizzard that moved...well, slowly crawled is more like it...through our area. We had a great time, ate lots of food, and chatted up a storm. Everyone helped clean up the wrapping paper, boxes and bows in the living room. My mom & I washed most of the dishes while everyone was still around.

As I washed the remaining dishes earlier today, I thought about how long it took me to get the house to look presentable for Christmas -- in other words trying to hide the clutter. Not to mention trying to get the gifts wrapped, some goodies baked, and the special dishes and serving pieces brought out of storage. I wished that there were some nice fairy (or elf!) that would do it all for me.

Now, I do realize that things don't just jump into place by themselves or otherwise. But it seems that every year I procrastinate to the point that I wonder if I'll get finished in time.

The procrastination continues after Christmas: Why can't I just use or put away the gifts we got from others? It also seems to take a while to get the decorations and tree put away.

January 4, 2010 will kick off a whole year of change for this clutter bug. I will focus on de-cluttering my whole house. I'm sure that there will be other changes that happen along this journey as well.

I'm looking forward to the changes.

Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment